Sunday, January 16, 2005

Supplications after prayer

Question: would you check my method of making supplications?

In the last tashahhud I recite:

1. At tahhiyatu
2.Allahumma Salli…
3.Allahumma Barik …
4.Rabbena atina fiddunya haseneten we fil aghireti haseneten ve kina azabennar,bi rahmetike ya erhamer rahimin.
5.Rabbena Ghfirli ve li welideyye we lil muminine yawme yakumul hisaab

And then I make the taslim.

After taslim i recite: Estaghfirullah 3 times.

Then i recite:

Allahumma entas salamu we minkes selam tabarakte ya zel djalali wel ikram.

Then i read this:
Subhanallahi wel hamdulillahi we le ilehe ill allahu wa;;ahu ekber,wela hawle wela kuwwete illa billahil aleyyil azim.

Then i read Ayatul Kursi.

Then i say 33 x Subhanallah, 33 x ELhamdulilah 33 x Allahu Ekber.

Then i recite :

Le ilehe ill allahu wahdeku sherika leh , lehul mulku we hamdu we huwa ala kulli sheyin kadir.

Then i say :

Subhane rabbiyal ala wehhab, and i raise my hands and make dua in my own language (Turkish) and end it in this way:

Subhaneke rabbike rabbil izzeti amma yesifun we salamun alel murselin wel hamdulillahi rabbi il alemin el fatiha (and then I read sura Fatiha) and wipe my hands over my face.

I do this at the end of all prayers that prayer time, for an example if I pray Zuhr , I pray 4 rakat sunna , then 4 rakat fard, then 2 rakat sunna and after that I do this all.

Should this be done after the Fard part? Or can it be done after the sunna (if there is a sunna after the fard prayer like Zuhr, Maghrib, andIsha)

By the way in Isha prayer I do it after witr.

Answer: Pray the sunnah, if any, after saying "Allahumma entas salamu we minkes selam tabarakte ya zel djalali wel ikram." Then do the rest after the sunnah (if there is one).

In addition, make sure that your pronounciation is correct of everything in Arabic. Your use of the vowel "e", among other things indicates to me that you should check with someone who knows Arabic and Quran recital well.

I am not familiar with your saying "Subhane rabbiyal ala wehhab". If you said "Subhana rabbiya-l- wahhaab", instead it would be OK.

... and Allah knows best.